Saint Joseph's College of Maine100% Local
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish , ME 04084 (view map)
Contact Admission at the number below.
About SJC at a glance
- 350 acres along the shore of beautiful Sebago Lake in Standish, Maine
- Eighteen miles northwest of Portland, Maine's largest and liveliest city
- Two hours north of Boston
- Private, Catholic, primarily residential, coeducational liberal arts college founded in 1912 by the Sisters of Mercy
- Welcomes students of all ages and all faiths
- Challenging academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences, education, nursing and business
- Emphasis placed on learning both inside and outside of the classroom; strong service learning program
- Value-centered environment
- On-campus enrollment is 1,062 students
- Graduate & Professional Studies programs for adult learners: 2,000 students who reside throughout the United States and in more than 20 other countriies.
I truly enjoy getting to know our students and making sure the college serves their needs. Our faculty members are just as committed to students as I am, as their whole attitude is student-oriented. This is evidenced by their engaging with students in small classes, in relaxed conversations in the hall or office or dining hall, and in the world at large through service learning and field trips.
Together, engagement and knowledge can create extraordinary possibilities for you in your life on campus and beyond. I hope that you will join us at Saint Joseph's - on a journey that engages mind, body and spirit.
E. Joseph Lee, Ph.D.