Wild Root Market100% Local
P.O. Box 443
Racine , WI 53401
We are a community resource that practices and promotes nutritional awareness, local farming and production, environmental responsibility, social and economic justice, collective management and consensus decision-making.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life and economic vitality of southeastern Wisconsin through the sustainable operation of a full-service, cooperatively owned grocery serving its community, employees and owners while working as a part of a stronger local food system.
Buy a Share in Your Co-op Now! Download the Owner Subscription Form
Don’t miss out on a chance to be in on the ground floor of something big. It has become abundantly clear that there is a deep and growing interest within the greater Racine area for a source of high-quality, clean, fresh, local food. Additionally, there is an abundance of regional producers who can offer food and other goods that currently aren’t available for sale in the area. A co-op is just the kind of organization to bring producers and consumers together – for the economic benefit of both. You see, a co-op is a consumer-owned business that is used, controlled and supported by the people who shop there. By becoming an owner of a co-op and shopping regularly there, you invest your dollars in growing the local and regional economies and have a say in how it’s run.
- To provide as much local and fresh food as possible at a full service grocery store open to the public
- To promote a more sustainable community where our resources are not depleted, polluted or destroyed
- To keep Racine’s money in the local Racine economy by supporting local farming and other locally produced goods and services
- To offer good jobs with honest wages for local residents
- To grow a large community of member-owners who, in turn, invest their money in a growing economy.