0 ratings

    Read Reviews

Hallmann Tax Group, LLC

100% Local

3 Carl Court
Beverly Hills , Florida 34465 (view map)
Phone: (352) 400-4800 FAX: (727) 213-1974 Website: Hours:

Monday thru Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Other hours by appointment including Saturdays and Evenings.

Social Media



Tax Preparation and IRS Problem Resolution is our business. We represent both Individuals and Businesses. We can handle the preparation and filing of all Federal and State Income Returns and we also provide Bookkeeping, Payroll Services, Amended Tax Returns, Tax Advice, Representation during an IRS Audit, and Back Tax FilingTax Forms 4s.  

Hallmann Tax Group, LLC is your best source for professional tax preparation and IRS problem resolution services. 

Established in 2005, we have decades of collective and comprehensive knowledge and experience.  Your tax returns are prepared by Enrolled Agents (EA) who are licensed to practice by the federal government and authorized to appear in the place of the taxpayer at the IRS. 

Our tax preparation includes electronic filing, if applicable.

We also provide a free review of prior year tax returns.

Additionally, we offer free pick-up and delivery in the Beverly Hills area for your convenience and  personalized service.

Our Enrolled Agents:

Charles Hallmann       Steve Chordas       Denise Hallmann

 Charles A. Hallmann, EA         Steve W. Chordas, EA       Denise C. Hallmann, EA

Our EA's are available year-round so you and your business will have the attention you deserve.

Computer & NotesWhat is an Enrolled Agent?

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service for audits, collections, and appeals.

What does the term “Enrolled Agent” mean?

“Enrolled” means to be licensed to practice by the federal government, and “Agent” means authorized to appear in the place of the taxpayer at the IRS.  Only Enrolled Agents, Attorneys, and CPAs may represent taxpayers before the IRS.  The Enrolled Agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the U.S. Treasury Department.

How does one become an Enrolled Agent?

The license is earned in one of two ways, by passing a comprehensive examinationTax Files which covers all aspects of the tax code, or having worked at the IRS for five years in a position which regularly interpreted and applied the tax code and its regulations.  All candidates are subjected to a rigorous background check conducted by the IRS.

How can Enrolled Agent help me?

Enrolled Agents advise, represent, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements.  Enrolled Agents’ expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.

Privilege and the Enrolled Agent

The IRS Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998 allow federally authorized practitioners (those bound by the Department of Treasury’s Circular 230 regulations) a limited client privilege.  This privilege allows confidentiality between the taxpayer and the Enrolled Agent under certain conditions.  The privilege applies to situations in which the taxpayer is being represented in cases involving audits and collection matters.  It is not applicable to the preparation and filing of a tax return.  This privilege does not apply to state tax matters, although a number of states have an accountant-client privilege.

IRSAre Enrolled Agents required to take continuing professional education?

In addition to the stringent testing and application process, the IRS requires Enrolled Agents to complete 72 hours of continuing professional education, reported every three years, to maintain their Enrolled Agent status.  NAEA members are obligated to complete 90 hours per three year reporting period.  Because of the knowledge necessary to become an Enrolled Agent and the requirements to maintain the license, there are only about 46,000 practicing Enrolled Agents.

What are the differences between Enrolled Agents and other tax professionals?

Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS.  Unlike Attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation.  Enrolled Agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the U.S. government (CPAs and Attorneys are licensed by the states).

Are Enrolled Agents bound by any ethical standards?

Enrolled Agents are required to abide by the provisions of the Department of Treasury’sReturns & Calculator Circular 230, which provides the regulations governing the practice of Enrolled Agents before the IRS.  NAEA members are also bound by a Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct of the Association.

The principal concern of the National Association of Enrolled Agents and its members is honest, intelligent and ethical representation of the financial position of taxpayers before the governmental agencies.  Members of NAEA must fulfill continuing professional education requirements that exceed the IRS’ required minimum.  In addition, NAEA members adhere to a stringent Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct of the Association, as well as the Treasury Department’s Circular 230 regulations.  NAEA members belong to a strong network of experienced, well-trained tax professionals who effectively represent their clients and work to make the tax code fair and reasonably enforced.

Helpful Hints When Choosing a Return Preparer

Be cautious of tax preparers who claim they can obtain larger refunds than other preparers.

Avoid  preparers who base their fee on a percentage of the refund. Use a reputable tax professional who signs the tax return and provides a copy.

StaffConsider whether the individual or firm will be around to answer questions about the preparation of the tax return months, or even years, after the return has been filed.

Check the person’s credentials. Only Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and Enrolled Agents can represent taxpayers before the IRS in all matters, including audits, collection and appeals. Other return preparers may only represent taxpayers for audits of returns they actually prepared.

Find out if the preparer is affiliated with a professional organization that provides its members with continuing education and resources and holds them to a code of ethics.

Reputable preparers will ask to see receipts and will ask multiple questions to determine whether expenses, deductions and other items qualify. By doing so, they are trying to help their clients avoid penalties, interest or additional taxes that could result from an IRS examination.



Login to post a review