Klema Feeds100% Local
10540 Northwestern Ave
Franksville , WI 53126 (view map)
Klema Feeds carrys on the tradition of supplying quality products at a fair price to their friends and neighbors featuring pet foods, garden supplies, and equine nutrition and care.
“One of the oldest feed mills in Racine County and the only one remaining in Franksville, Klema Feeds has served the needs of the area’s farmers, gardeners, and property owners for over 100 years. Purchased by Martin E. Klema in 1919, the feed mill located just north of Highway K along the eastern edge of the railroad was established in the late 1800’s. Originally run as a cooperative, Klema was able to purchase the facility at a shariff’s sale when the co-op went bankrupt during the First World War. In addition to dealing in seeds, feeds, and produce, the Klemas also dealt in farm machinery and barn equipment before the Great Depression."
”Martin Klema, a descendant of Caledonia’s many Bohemian immigrants, ran the feed mill and store until the late 1960s when he passed the responsibilities on to his son Earl. Though the Klemas have replaced the original wood burning stove with a modern HVAC system, and the old cuckoo clock has been taken down for a battery driven timepiece, much of the store remains virtually unchanged from the time Martin purchased it. The store has been a cornerstone for Franksville’s pocket region for many decades. Today the sauerkraut factory, train depot, hotel, and many other 20th century businesses are gone, but Klema Feeds remains open seven days a week at its long-standing home north of Highway K, west of Highway H and east of the railroad tracks.”