HALO Child Care Center100% Local
2000 DeKoven Ave
Racine , WI 53403 (view map)
Open 24 hrs. a daySocial Media
HALO Childcare Center exists to provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for children 2 weeks to 12 years of age. Our focus is to provide a stimulating early care and education experience which promotes children’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our goal is to support children’s desire to be life-long learners.
HALO Childcare Center believes children should:
• Be safe and happy
• Develop a positive, secure sense of self
• Understand that they are achievers, creative, imaginative people.
• Develop respect for others and the community.
HALO Childcare Center believes parents should:
• Be confident and trust the program
• Understand their child’s daily experiences
• Know the child is safe
• Know the center will provide daily information
• Be willing to join in a partnership between parents and teachers
HALO Childcare Center believes the center should:
• Provide a safe, secure, warm and nurturing environment
• Respect children as individuals
• Provide a learning environment to enhance development
• Encourage independence, responsibility and autonomy
HALO Childcare Center Staff are Early Education professionals. Our teachers are all experienced and
highly trained, meeting high quality Young Star and State of Wisconsin qualifications. The teachers
attend specialized trainings and work to create the safest, most creative and stimulating environment.
They are energetic, committed, fun, loving and caring.
We have designed a nurturing, creative world for infants to help their minds and bodies develop.
Children at this age are curious about the world around them. They are busy exploring their environment
and learning to communicate their thoughts.
For preschoolers, the world opens up in new ways as children improve coordination, learn complex games and begin to interact more with others.
We provide a unique before and after-school learning experience to keep schoolagers motivated and focused in a fun and stimulating environment, even after school ends.
HALO Childcare Center believes that family involvement and shared decision making about children’s experiences are essential to the success of our program. This partnership forms a caring community in which families, teachers and children can grow and interact. We actively work to support family life and provide ways to involve families. We believe that by giving families many varied ways to be involved is the key to creating a family oriented child care center where family members are an important part of the life of the center. Some of the many ways to be involved include:
• Daily, weekly and monthly communications take place both verbally and through written means such
as bulletin boards, parent boards and newsletters to keep families well informed.
• Families are strongly encouraged to share their ideas and concerns with the director. Each child at HALO Childcare Center has primary teachers who act as family advocates, communicators and quality monitors for children and families within the program. Parents work with teachers to set goals for the children’s learning experience.