White Dove Gallery100% Local
5934 88th Street SW
Lakewood , Washington 98499 (view map)
12 Noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
Other times by request.
I am Retha Hayward and I have owned the White Dove Gallery for over 25 years. As an artist myself I have found that artists generally cannot promote their own work, but if I love their work it is easy for me to promote it on their behalf.
The work we display and sell at the White Dove Gallery is almost entirely created by local artists, because there is so much great art available in the Northwest. It is truly appropriate that the people who live here should be the first to enjoy and to purchase it. You need not go to San Francisco, or even to Seattle, to find great original Northwest art at a price you might otherwise pay for prints and reproductions.
Everything in the Gallery is hand-crafted, made by an artist or an artisan (this is the upside of “handmade”). Come to the White Dove Gallery and you will find:
● Original paintings: oils, acrylics, water colors.
● Wooden objects made from locally harvested hardwood trees.
● One-of-a-kind apparel including scarves, hats and bags, and jewelry.
● Functional and decorative pottery including porcelain and stoneware.
● Blown glass and fused glass.
● Handmade gift cards: photography, Sumi-e calligraphy, water color.
● Framing services.
● Special promotions and shows of artists’ work several times per year.
“The finest selection of Northwest arts and crafts.”