Hess Bakery & Delicatessen100% Local
6108 Mount Tacoma Drive SW
Lakewood , WA 98499 (view map)
Willkommen! I am Joanie DeGrande, co-owner of Hess Bakery & Delicatessen, a beloved Lakewood landmark business since 1968. Our authentic German bakery is famous for pretzels and other traditional breads and baked goods, all prepared fresh daily by our own bakers.
Hess is more than a bakery – come here for imported German and other European meats and fish, cheeses, beer and wine, cookies and candies, and more. And if we don't have what you're looking for, Hess can often custom order your products for you!
At the Hess Bakery & Delicatessen you will find:
● Authentic German baked goods, including Westphalian sourdough bread (Bauernbrot), German rye bread (Mischbrot), pumpernickel bread, whole grain breads (Vollkorn, 7-Grain, Sovital), French bread (baguette and pain), pretzels (traditional, rolls and sticks), assorted German rolls (Broetchen), cake layers (Tortenboden), sweet pretzels and braids (Zopf).
● Sausages, salamis, and cheeses at our deli counter. Have your meal or snack in our cozy seating area.
● German soaps, personal care items and toiletries, baby products, magazines and cookbooks.
● Catering – our deli trays with cheeses, meats, sandwiches, and baked goods will delight your guests.
● All of our employees speak German!
● Phone orders only, please.
The Hess Bakery & Delicatessen supports the Steilacoom High School Athletic Program, the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), the Tillicum American Lake Gardens Community Service Center and the Senior Meal Program.