Indian Creek Angus Pastured Beef100% Local
1515 Highway 198
Carnesville , GA 30521 (view map)
Indian Creek Angus Pastured Beef
Indian Creek Angus is your Northeast Georgia resource for grass-fed beef. Only an hour from Alpharetta, Roswell and John’s Creek, customers can visit the farm and see the rolling green pastures where the cattle graze.
Originally from Alpharetta, Dennis Barron established Indian Creek Angus in 1995 to raise and breed cattle as a hobby. Today Indian Creek Angus’s goal is to supply the highest quality beef to health-conscious consumers in the local market.
Let us tell you why buying grass-fed beef is better for you than grain-fed beef and why buying from small local farmers helps the local economy.
Why Buy Grass-Fed Beef
- Grass-fed beef costs more because feedlot beef does not take into account the costs to
taxpayers that keep corn-fed beef cheap, including subsidies and environmental damage.
- Cows are by nature designed to eat grass, but industrial feedlots, which supply most
supermarket meat, force them to eat grain to fatten and “marble” the meat.
- Corn-fed beef is part of the industrial food-chain that is powered by fossil-fuel (petroleum)
and defended by the U.S. military.
- Corn-fed beef contains more saturated fat and less Omega-3 fatty acids than grass-fed beef.
- Eating grass-fed beef is healthier and higher in Omega-3 fatty acids than eating grain-fed
- Factory farms may use (non-ruminant) animal protein for feed.
- Most feedlot cattle are sick to one degree or another and require antibiotics.
- Feedlot cattle stand in manure lagoons with nitrogen and phosphorus levels that contain
heavy metals and hormone residues that create toxic waste.
Why Buy Local Beef
- Purchasing local beef supports your farmer neighbors.
- Purchasing local food lays the groundwork for new social, economic,
and ecological relationships.
- Purchasing local beef supports an agricultural landscape that protects
grasslands and watersheds.
- Locally-raised beef is based on free solar energy and low chemical use.
- Buying local allows you to understand your connection to the food chain and to see exactly where your food comes from.
- Buying local reduces reliance on foreign oil.
As always, it is a pleasure to serve you the best local beef.
Please visit our website.